Access: Query Wizard - Find Information Fast
Creating reports can be a laborious process, but it doesn't need to be with this Microsoft Access trick. Discover how to create a report in minutes by using the Simple Query Wizard to find summary information on two or more joined tables.
You can use Microsoft Access' Simple Query Wizard to quickly find summary information on two or more joined tables. For example, suppose at the end of each month you need to create a report summarizing each employee's average, minimum, and maximum hours worked per week for the month of June. You can find the information in two tables, Employees and Hours Worked, which are joined by Employee ID number.
To produce the report in minutes, simply follow these steps.
1. In the database window, click Queries under Objects.
2. Double-click the Create query by using the wizard.
3. Under Tables/Queries, select Employees, and move Employee ID, First Name, and Last Name fields from the Available fields column to the Selected Fields column.
4. Under Tables/Queries, select the Hours Worked table and move the Hours and WeekEnding fields from the Available Fields column to the Selected Fields column.
5. Click Next and select Summary.
6. Click the Summary Options button, then click the Avg, Min, and Max check boxes, and click OK.
7. Click Next, select Month, and click Finish.
If you require additional information or assistance with this item, please give us a call.